Monday, June 28, 2010

The Latest

So I should be packing but instead I am just thinking about packing. Tell me one person who likes to move and I'll tell you they are a liar. Well it is a little exciting, new place, new digs but in this case I know the area so there will be no big adventures finding things and I can give the navigation system a rest.

Finally went to Abbott's Lobster in the Rough the other night. Soooooo many people rave about this place so decided to give it a try before leaving Connecticut. Just a tidbit here about Conn. My son just pointed out to me that I have been spelling it wrong for the last year. Oh well, its a good thing I'm leaving. So back to Abbott's. Its kind of a shacky looking place on the water and you stand in line to place your order. Need I say here that lobster is one of their specialties. Started with the clam chowder, excellent then moved on to shrimp in the raw, a hot lobster roll and corn on the cob. Absolutely yum. My son had an order of the mussels in garlic and wine and the mussels were huge and delicious. So do you think we liked the place?? A huge thumbs up. Not to mention that it was a gorgeous night, with a full moon that rose above the water and just shimmered. Perfect!! I decided to scrap the event and I hope the food looks as good as it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment